Tuesday, September 12, 2017

"27 Meters Down" floats my boat

I was going to pass seeing 27 Meters Down at the theater, but since I have Movie Pass, I thought I'd check it out. While it's not a great movie, I was pleasantly surprised by it, and isn't that what movie going is all about?

Sure, it will never be considered a great movie, but it did its job for me. The movie had a few good tense moments and the leads were sympathetic. Nothing like being trapped in a shark cage at the bottom of the ocean with great white sharks cruising about.

I did feel that the ending was a bit confusing, or at least I missed a couple of things. No matter.

The film has been successful enough that a sequel has been ordered entitled 28 Meters Down. I'm not sure if it will involve the same characters or another sad lot will be trapped one meter deeper than these characters.

This is a total non sequitur, but shouldn't the U.S. join the rest of the world and embrace the metric system?

No comments:

Post a Comment