Wednesday, September 27, 2017

"Kingsman: The Golden Circle" a very nice diversion

I enjoyed this sequel, as I enjoyed the first one. It's not the greatest action flick, but it certainly satisfies those who are into this type of film (Namely me).

Some of the camera work was nicely done. I really enjoyed certain set pieces. The overall production values of the film are great.

My nitpicks are that the protagonist cursed a bit too much for my taste, and Julianne Moore played the antagonist a little too over the top for me. Neither is close to a deal breaker, though.

The action sequences were breaking the laws of physics; however, since this film is definitely poking fun at the spy hero genre, just lie back and enjoy the ride. It reminds me of James Coburn's take on the James Bond movies in his "Our Man Flint" series in the 60s (Which was just as fun. I really like the soundtrack of the first one).

There was a great notable personality who appeared in Kingsman that was quite a surprise. He/she was really funny. I don't want to name the person so that anyone who reads this who hasn't seen it will be pleasantly surprised as well.

I was a little leery of the setting moving to the United States, but it worked for me, at least. I like the mythology of the Kingsman (and Statesman), so I'm looking forward to any additional films that might be made.

All in all, a very fun film!

No comments:

Post a Comment