Sunday, September 17, 2017

"Amercian Assassin" is entertaining

I'm a big fan of the Mitch Rapp series authored by Vince Flynn. This movie is an origin piece that was around ninth in the series. It's a good start for people unfamiliar with who Rapp is. Rapp is another member of filmdom's "special agents" fighting for truth, justice and the American Way after he suffers a personal loss.

When I started seeing the trailers for this film, I had doubts about the actor playing Rapp (Dylan O'Brien). He was not at all how I pictured Rapp. I was thinking along the lines of Chris Hemsworth. O'Brien seemed wimpy to me. As the months went by, I came around to accepting him. He does fine with the lead role. His action sequences are well done, and I like his intensity of the character.

Michael Keaton is great as Rapp's mentor. Of course, I really like Keaton in most things he does.

The plot is pretty basic (Terrorist are BAD people), but well handled for me. They certainly left it open for another film. I'm sure everyone involved with the production is thinking "Franchise." We'll see. I'm certainly open to it!

All in all, if you're an action fan like me, you will be fine seeing this movie. If not, Girls Trip is still playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment